Imran Rehmat

During the heatwave of 2015, 10-month-old Imran Rehmat came to the NICH emergency room with his father and grandmother. He was having high fever and had been convulsed by fits and uncontrollable neck-twisting. Worried by his son’s condition, his father had immediately taken him to a nearby hospital in his hometown of Banaras. Unfortunately, all the treatment the little boy had received was a sedative injection, which temporarily halted his fits. Once he woke up, however, he was much the same. It was then that a neighbor suggested that Imran be taken to the children’s emergency at NICH. The staff on duty immediately took care of Imran. After a thorough examination, he was given appropriate medication to stabilise his condition and then shifted to the NICH ward to recover from the heatstroke.